Protect the future.
Take care of your family.
Pass on a legacy.
One basic, guiding principle of life is planning for the future. Our Estate Planning attorneys provide individuals, couples, blended families, business owners, and more with one of the greatest gifts they can give to others, a well-thought out estate plan. With the right combination of wills, trusts, living wills, living trusts, powers of attorney, and health care directives, you can protect yourself today and your loved ones tomorrow.
We know that every family is unique. Whether you wish to transfer property to specific heirs, navigate a complex tax position, or put stock in a succession plan, we offer the expertise you expect and the personal attention you deserve.
Our estate planning team routinely:
- Creates trusts, wills, and powers of attorney
- Minimizes potential taxes and fees upon the estate
- Plans for long-term care and end-of-life medical directives
- Organizes the transfer of assets from the estate to beneficiaries using methods that won’t compromise the distribution of assets
Your initial consultation with our Estate Planning attorneys can be scheduled right now. Just call us at (616) 458-4510 or email bhammond@localhost.
Our Estate Planning work examples:
- Assisting an owner of a very successful business that had rapid increase in value in modifying his estate plan in order to eliminate federal estate tax, which would have required sale of the company
- Updating estate plans for married couples whose children are financially established to make gifts to charities and grandchildren
- Cottage planning for a Lake Michigan home inherited by children from their parents
Probate Dispute Resolution
While unfortunate, disputes arising from estate plans happen. That’s why, in addition to estate planning, our firm can help you resolve disputes between trustees, beneficiaries, personal representatives, guardians, and a host of others involved in the estate planning process. Our team is skilled in finding and resolving such disputes short of litigation, but, if litigation in probate court becomes necessary, we are ready to bring or defend your claim. Our experience includes:
- Counseling beneficiaries on their rights under estate-planning documents and resolving disputes before litigation
- Preparing and defending accounts
- Defending trustees from claims of mismanagement of trust assets
- Contesting guardianships related to elderly adults
Our Estate Planning and Probate Litigation Attorneys
Christopher E. Nyenhuis
Jill K. Miller
Robert P. Cooper, Of Counsel