Daneille Mier, Paralegal
Jeremy Orenstein litigates in the areas of construction, real estate, business, and appeals. He came to Hilger Hammond with a broad depth of experience from the Court of Appeals and experience as a civil litigator at the trial court level.
He is well-versed in complex commercial cases, property disputes, construction-related controversies, and related appeals. His primary clients include homeowners, contractors, subcontractors, and various entities. He helps business owners and individuals navigate their contractual, statutory, and other legal rights by advising, counseling, and representing them through complex legal issues.
Jeremy is an associate editor for the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel and Vice President of the Grand Rapids Bar Association Young Lawyers Section. He also provides pro bono legal services to individuals who cannot afford an attorney.
Jeremy moved from southern Virginia to Michigan to attend law school and fell in love with Grand Rapids. Now, he is rooted in West Michigan with his wife Erin and their son. In his free time, Jeremy enjoys traveling, trying new foods, and spending time with his family and friends.
“I’ve always had a passion for advocating for others. I work diligently to represent someone’s position and champion them during dispute resolution.”
George Mason University
Bachelor of Science, cum laude
Fairfax County, VA
Michigan State University
College of Law
J.D., magna cum laude
East Lansing, MI
- Federal District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Associate Editor
- 3rs Volunteer Attorney, Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Grand Rapids Bar Association Young Lawyers Section, Vice President, Former Treasurer
- Associated Builders and Contractors West Michigan Chapter, Young Professional
- MAACS Special Assignment Attorney (Pro Bono)
- 2023 Top Lawyers in Appellate Law, Grand Rapids Magazine
- 2022 Top Lawyers in Appellate Law, Grand Rapids Magazine;
- 2023 Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- 2022 Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Managing Editor, Michigan State Law Review, Michigan State University College of Law, 2018-2019
- Trial Practice Institute, Michigan State University College of Law
- 2017 Donald Nystrom Best Brief Finalist, Advocacy, Michigan State University College of Law
- Deans List, Michigan State University College of Law, East Lansing, Michigan, 2016-2019